My photo
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Do I look like a 47 year old man, happily married, father of three? I hope so, because I am. I am very infatuated with development of my network marketing and passing the love on to others. The love of helping others obtain their goals in life, and gain the freedoms they deserve.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

How To Set Up Your G-Mail For Marketing

How to set up your G-Mail


Hello my friends. Today I am going to give you a little tip I have been using. I get hundreds, maybe even a thousand emails in any given day. My email of choice is G-Mail. Now I do have others but G-mail is the best choice for on line marketing.


Now for those of you that maybe just starting out, and any one out there that has not happened across this, I am going to start at the beginning.


How to get a G-Mail account. This is very simple to do and the best part it’s free. To get your free G-Mail account you can click the link at the bottom of this post, and set up your account as follows.

Click the link bellow, and when the Welcome to G-Mail page comes up you will simply click on the Create an account button. Now you will go to the next screen and start to set up your G-Mail account.



Next you will fill in your first name, and last name, and this is very important. Your Desired Login Name: Now let me tell you why this is so important. You need to start branding your self, and I will go through that at later date, but you need to try your best to use your name, such as johndoe gmail.com, or johnmdoe as with your middle initial. Or you could put a number behind it, but you don’t want to get to carried away with it. You want it to reflect you and you want it to be easy for others to remember.


Now you will want to check if johndoe is available. To do that you will click on the button that says check availability. The system will tell you if the name that you put in is available or not. The rest of the form is pretty simple, your pass word , and some security things just incase you forget your pass word.


Now when you get signed up and logged in you are going to see some thing like this.



Now this is how your new email account will look before you start setting it all up. What I am going to show you next is how to change some of the settings. I have different back grounds on mine just because I like to be different. You are going to want to go up to the top right corner were it says settings and click on that. This will open up another window that will look like this.



You will see that I have mine set up already with my photo, I will show you how to do this in just a few minutes. Now you will want to take a look at the bar going across the top were it says general, accounts, labels, and so on. Starting with the general tab the only thing I have changed here is my photo, and you want to make this visible to everyone.



Then we scroll on down to the signature and the reply email sections. This is were the magic starts. Take a look here.



And here.



Now the signature part is were you put your information, and it will be branded to every email that you send out from this account. Take a look at mine.



This is were you want to put in your links, such as your blog, or web site, any other web sites that you might want to promote. Now you don’t want a big long list here but a couple is fine.

So when people get your new email, you will not have to even mention your site, because they will see it and if they don’t click on it the first time, if they see it a few times they will. OK now on to the good part. The 100% free auto responder.



Take a look at this one. Just bellow the signature section is the vacation responder, now this is used to let people know that you are away and will return at a certain date or time.

I put a message in it Thanking people for there email, and to take a look at another link, and when I return I would read there email. I put the link in there so all they have to do is click on that link and presto they are to were I want them to go. Now I can go in and change the message any time, and as long as you leave the ending date open, this will auto respond to every email that you receive. Now some of they are going to be from other email addresses that do not except in coming emails, so when those are sent you will get a message stating that your mail could not be delivered.

So there you have it your own 100% free auto responder. I will get in to some more details on the gmail account in later posts. I am going to run for now so until next time. Happy marketing.

Mike W Martin


If you want even more free information go to my friend Dave’s site, Dave is the master of social media. Go to davedwilliamson.com


Get your G-Mail

Mikes Free Blog

Dave’s Free site




No comments:

Post a Comment